Lately, Facebook is adding new features aimed at protecting and improving the mental health of its users. Instagram already has a Restrict feature that allows you to take on bullies and mute any social interaction with them on the platform. Along the same lines, Facebook brought the “Take a Break” feature a while ago and lets you virtually mute any user without having to unfriend or block them. It could especially help in situations where a relationship has gone sour, or you have some disagreements with a user.
1. If you are using Facebook on a mobile web browser, open the profile of the individual you want to mute. Then, tap on the “Friends” icon next to the “Message” button. After that, tap on the “Take a Break” option.
The steps that follow have been detailed underneath. Facebook will present you with a set of privacy options to limit what the other user can and cannot see on your profile. It is also where you select if you want their posts to appear in your News Feed or not. This way you can easily take a break from someone on Facebook.
1. In case you are using the Facebook app, open the individual’s profile and tap on the “Friends” button. Then choose “Take a Break” from the pop-up menu.
2. Once you do that, you will see a list of options to help you customize the user’s activity on Facebook in relation to you. First, tap on “See Options” under the “See less of X” section and choose “Limit where you see X”. After that, tap on “Save”. That will limit the individual’s posts or tagged posts on your News Feed and Timeline. Besides, you will also not be prompted to message the individual or tag photos matching their facial data.
3. Next, tap on “See Options” under the “Limit what X will see” section. Here, choose “Hide your posts from X” and tap on “Save”. This action will put the individual on the Restricted List, and they won’t be able to see or interact with any of your posts. Bear in mind if you have tagged the individual or have published a post publicly, the person can see those posts. You will be on a break on Facebook going forward.
4. Finally, tap on “See options” under the “Edit who can see past posts” section. Here, select “Edit all of my posts and posts that I’m tagged in” and tap on “Save”. This feature will limit the visibility of all your posts where you and the individual are tagged in. Meaning those posts won’t be visible even to your friends, except to other people who are also tagged in those posts. Besides that, you will be untagged from the individual’s posts and vice versa. Finally, if you have posted anything on the individual’s timeline, it will be deleted and vice versa.
5. If you want to reverse all the changes later, tap on “Take a break” again from the user’s profile. Then, open the specific sections and restore the changes, enabling them to interact with you and see your posts. If you are wondering how long does take a break last on Facebook, let me clarify that there is no limit. You will have to make the changes manually to undo all the restrictions.
copyrights © 2022 olinone.in. All rights reserved.