TOP INTERESTING BEE FACTS 20-May-2020
- 20th May is the United Nations World Bee Day.
- In a lifetime, a bee flies around the world three times.
- An average bee travels 90,000 miles (Approx. 1,44,840 km) to collect nectar from 2 million flowers.
- An average bee produces only a teaspoon of honey and roughly 5 grams in a lifetime.
- Bees can exceptionally remember and learn objects.
- Bees can fly at a speed of 25 kilometers per hour.
- The size of Bee's brain is roughly the same as the size of sesame seed.
- Bees communicate with each other through various forms of dances.
- "Waggle dance" indicates the direction of the nectar source to other bees.
- Buzzing of bees is caused by the flapping of their wings.
- They flap their wings 11,400 times in a minute or about 200 times per second.
- For millions of years, honey bees have been producing honey in the same way.
- Bee is the only insect that produces edible product consumed by humans.
- Bee live in a colony that consists of 20,000 to 60,000 honey bees.
- Each colony has only one queen bee.
- Queen bee is the only bee who lays eggs.
- She lays upto 2500 eggs per day. Especially in the month of summer.
- Queen bee can live upto 5 generations.
APPRECIATE THESE WONDERFUL CREATURES ON WORLD BEE DAY !!